FIT Wind Turbine Maintenance
The FIT Wind Turbine Maintenance programme has been developed to meet the expanding employment needs of the wind energy sector within Ireland. Given the specialised nature of the work successful completion of the programme will give graduates an excellent grounding in the skillset necessary to pursue employment and further training within the sector.
At the moment the wind energy sector and the Green Economy are rapidly expanding, both in Ireland and across Europe and America. With recent reports highlighting that 60% of wind turbines may be behind on their maintenance schedules there is a notable shortage of essential staff in the industry at present. The course will therefore meet needs within the industry while providing graduates with an excellent opportunity to compete within the labour market in Ireland but also to capitalise on employment opportunities across Europe.
What skills do I need to get on the course?
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work at height
- Ability to work outdoors throughout the year
- Interest in renewable energies
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willing to travel
- Overview of Wind Industry/Turbines
- The Wind Farm and Grid Connections
- Wind Farm Safety
- Electrical Fundamentals
- Mechanical Systems
- Practical Operations / Skills
- Computer Applications and SCADA
- Preventative Maintenance / Condition Maintenance / Corrective Maintenance
- Personal & Professional Development
- Work Experience
Wind Turbine Maintenance Technician