- FIT Training for Employment Programmes
VTOS Course Criteria
To qualify for a FIT course you must meet the following requirements:
1) You must be 21 years of age or over
or 18 years of age and progressing from Youthreach
2) You must be receiving one of the following for at least 6 months:
- Unemployment Benefit or Assistance
- Lone Parent's Allowance
- Disability Payment
Those who do not have 12 months continuous unemployment but who have an interrupted employment/unemployment history may be considered. 12 months unemployment in the last 36 months may be used as a guide for individuals in this situation.
For those that do not meet the above criteria (basic or additional) their individual circumstances may be presented to FIT by their LESN project worker for consideration
Participation on courses should be made up of the following:
- 80% of participants meeting basic criteria
- 20% for additional criteria and individual special cases
- Eligibility criteria for FIT FAS Programmes includes but is not limited to:
- currently unemployed
- over the age of 18
- A Training Bonus of €20.00 per week is payable to the following categories of people who were on, or commenced, a FÁS training course on or after 1st January 2011:
- Persons in receipt of Jobseeker Benefit or Jobseeker Allowance for 12 months or more ; or
- Persons who progress to FÁS training having completed a minimum of 12 months on a Community Employment programme; or
- Persons who progress to FÁS training having completed a minimum of 12 months on the Job Initiative programme;
- Persons in receipt of Carer's Allowance for 12 months or more prior to participating on a FÁS training course (effective 1 January 2009).
Note: The information below is a guide only. You must contact your local Employment Services office to check and confirm your eligibility to apply for a MOMENTUM project.
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- Be unemployed for 12 months or longer and
- Be in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance/Benefit or on the Live Register for 12 months or longer (signing on for social Insurance Contribution Credits for 12 months or longer) and
- Be actively seeking work and
- Have a minimum of Leaving Certificate with a pass in higher level maths or an A in ordinary level maths. Alternatively, a degree in any subject or a relevant post leaving certificate qualification.